- SPEYSIDE SHOWS ITS SCOTCH PROWESS UNVEILING PROGRAMME FOR FINEST WHISKY FESTIVAL IN THE WORLD – Scotch Whisky News February 19, 2020
SPEYSIDE SHOWS ITS SCOTCH PROWESS UNVEILING PROGRAMME FOR FINEST WHISKY FESTIVAL IN THE WORLD
The Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival has announced its 2020 programme of events, which will bring the best of the iconic whisky region to the public this spring. This year’s Festival will be the biggest yet and is expected to bring thousands of visitors to Speyside in celebration of all things Scotch.
Whether its having exclusive behind the scenes access to distilleries not usually open to the public, taking part in an archeological dig at an illicit distilling site or trail running and canoeing through the region of whisky mastery and heritage, visitors will have hundreds of events to choose from during the six-day Festival (29 April – 4 May 2020), with even more to be announced in the coming weeks.
Now in its 21st year, the celebrations provide the ultimate opportunity for the traveller, whisky lover, outdoor activity enthusiast or local community to explore, taste and learn about the world-famous Speyside region. Last year visitors across the globe took part in the Festival, which is no surprise given whisky tourism is currently at an all time high in Scotland*, with three in five visitors drawn to Speyside specifically for its Scotch credentials.
The full programme of around 700 events can be viewed on the Spirit of Speyside website, with tickets on sale from 12pm noon today (Wednesday 19 February).
Programme highlights include:
· Dalmunach Distillery Manager’s Tour – Chivas Brothers: One of Scotland’s most contemporary distilleries will open its doors exclusively for the Festival to give visitors an understanding of what it takes to build a state of the art distillery, designed with innovative energy efficient technology at its core.
· Archaeological Excavation – The Cabrach Trust: A guided tour of the excavation site at Blackmiddens Historic Distillery followed by a whisky tasting.
· Aberlour & Macallan Whisky Brunch Trail Run – Run Speyside: A trail run through the heart of Whisky country, learning about the history of the region along the way, finishing with a dram and brunch at The Macallan Distillery.
· Women in Whisky – The Dowan’s Hotel: A topical discussion hosted by Georgie Bell of #OurWhisky, exploring the career stories of a panel of female whisky masters.
· Banquet in the Barn – Elchies Estates: A five course communal dining event at Campbell Cairns Farm.
Each year, the Festival continues to grow by welcoming more partner distilleries and organisations to help stage the world’s finest whisky festival. New members that will host events this year include The Cabrach Trust, The Boat Country Inn and Byres Farm in Fochabers. Both Glenlossie and Linkwood Distilleries, two distilleries not usually open to the public, will offer tours to festival-goers too this year.
Angela McOwan, Events Coordinator at The Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival, said: “This year we are celebrating 21 years of the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival, now recognised as the world’s finest whisky festival. Our diverse programme is jam packed and will be our biggest yet, with more events to be announced in the coming weeks.
“There really is something for everyone, whether visitors want to get to know Speyside as an outdoor adventure destination as well as enjoy our whisky, taste its delicious larder, learn about industry innovations from our whisky masters or explore distilleries that will open their doors especially for the Festival.
To view the full programme of events visit www.spiritofspeyside.com
Tickets go on sale at noon on Wednesday 19th February
- Springbank Society on Tour Edinburgh 27th, 2020 – Scotch Whisky News February 19, 2020
Edinburgh: 27th February 2020
Society on Tour
Firstly, we would like to thank you for making the transition to our online Society Portal. Despite some initial teething problems, most of you have now managed to sign up and buy a bottle of our latest release of Hazelburn 11yo which should be in your glass at home very soon. Now that you are on the system and we have the first ‘portal bottle’ nearly complete, future releases should run more smoothly.
Society on Tour
Alongside our “new look” Society, we want to make sure we are doing as much as possible for our members. One idea we’ve had is to take the Society on the road and host tastings more frequently and further afield from Campbeltown.
To get the ball rolling we’ve decided to hold a small tasting for members in Edinburgh. The tasting will be held on Thursday 27th February in the Waverley Bar, Edinburgh, starting at 8:00pm.
The tasting will be free of charge to society members and will give you the chance to catch up with some of the Springbank Sales Team in attendance whilst enjoying some tasty drams.
If you are available and in the area and would like to come along to the tasting please click on this link
Please note: The tasting area is not very big so there are only a maximum of 30 places for the tasting which means the first 30 people to get in touch will be given a spot for the tasting. It is not possible to book more than one place.
If you can’t make it this time but would like to be involved in future tastings near you, send us an email with where you would like to see future society tastings taking place.
We look forward to seeing our members who can come along and, for those who can’t make it, we hope to see you soon.
The Springbank Team
To join the Springbank Society contact them at Springbank Society email@example.com
- New Signatory Vintage Whiskies from Edradour, Ben Nevis, Cambus at The Whisky Barrel – Scotch Whisky News February 19, 2020
New Arrivals from Signatory Vintage
Ben Nevis, Cambus, Edradour & More!
New whiskies from Signatory including a very heavily sherried Edradour 10 Year Old, Ben Nevis 27 Year Old, Cambus 28 Year Old and new single casks of heavily peated Ballechin. Something for everyone!
- Spectacular Single Cask Whiskies 🥃 at Loch Fyne Whiskies – Scotch Whisky News February 19, 2020
A brilliant selection of highly sought after single cask whiskies, courtesy of independent bottler Hunter Laing.
Each hand selected cask has been chosen for it’s immense quality, resulting in some outstanding whiskies. As with all single cask expressions, each one is highly limited.
Scroll down and explore some of our favourites. Don’t miss out!
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £25
We also ship worldwide!
- The Good Dram Show – Episode 350 ‘Tobermory’ – Scotch Whisky News February 19, 2020